If you are going on a long walk, prepare well ahead.
- Take your shoes for a ‘trial walk’ and build up the distance gradually don’t try to complete a long walk in one go .Pace yourself so that you build up your time.
- It’s also a good idea to pay a visit to your local HCPC-registered podiatrist who will be able to give advice, and treat any existing foot conditions.
- Will be able to recommend creams that can be applied before and after a walk.
- Advice regarding socks.
- Advice regarding the right footwear for you.
- You may require insoles or orthotics that will help you walk in comfort.
- You must always seek advice or treatment from a podiatrist as soon as you start to experience any pain with your feet as this can prevent a further bigger problem from occurring that could potentially stop you from walking.
Call today for your free foot scan and to discover your foot type.